Saturday, February 13, 2010

Go Red Event

What an amazing day yesterday!

I had the opportunity to speak at the local Go Red for Women event supporting the American Heart Association. 

Most people don't really know my story about my daughter's birth.  Sort version--I developed Peripartum Cardiomyopathy or heart failure caused by pregnancy.  It was a horrible, scary time but it was surrounded by the miracle of my daughter's birth.  Having the opportunity to share my story and help raise money for such an awesome cause was incredible.  I was so honored.

I did break down with big boo-hooing tears.  Something that I really didn't anticipate.  I thought that I was going to make it through and then it all just sort of came back to me.  With everything that has been going on with Truman I haven't taken the time to celebrate the simple fact that he is HERE.  6 years ago I was told that I would never have any more children.  I was told that I might not even live 6 months.  And now, I have a beautiful daughter AND an amazing son AND I am healthy.  What a blessing.

Here is a link to the story about the event.

If you have a chance to join the Go Red movement I would encourage you to do so.  Heart disease is the #1 killer of women.  In fact, a woman every minute dies from a heart related illness.  Every minute.  Research and education is the key.  I would not be alive without the doctors who cared enough to research women's heart health.  Truman would not be here without research about the effects of pregnancy and heart failure.

Join the Go Red movement today!

No comments:

Post a Comment