Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In Surgery

Truman went into surgery at 8:40 a.m.

We are in the waiting room now.  Surrounded by other parents who are trying to keep it together while they wait for their children who are in the hands of someone we have to trust.  The waiting room is wireless.  Proof that we are living in a day of immediate access.

This morning I realized as I walked the halls of Children's Mercy that the families here become a family of our own.  We are all here for the same reason--some for more difficult reasons than others--but we have a common purpose...to help our children however we can.  It is a family that no one should ever have to be a part of but yet, I realize how blessed I am to be with them.  A shy smile, a simple nod, a wave...all ways to say, in the most basic of ways, that they understand and hope the best for you whatever the situation might be.

So, now we wait.  The doctor should come and see us by 9:45 to let us know how the procedure went.

Then we wait again.  The results will take a month.

Have I ever said how bad I am at waiting for anything?  I can get Internet access in the waiting room so I don't have to wait to post this message...but I have to wait for results that could potentially change our lives forever.  Ah, the irony.
 

1 comment: